How to cancel Microsoft
Cancelling your subscription
To cancel your Microsoft subscription, including free trials, Xbox Live, and Office 365:
- Start by visiting their web page.
- Then go to “Service & Subscriptions.”
- Sign into the Microsoft account associated with the subscription you wish to cancel.
- Then find your subscription and select “Manage.”
- On the next page, select “Cancel” or “Upgrade or Cancel” (depending on your subscription type).
- Follow the instructions given on the page to proceed with the cancellation of your subscription.
Troubleshooting tips to cancel or turn off recurring billing on your subscription:
- Make sure you are signed into the correct account.
- If you see “Turn on recurring billing” instead of “Manage”, your subscription will be set to expire at the date shown for your subscription, and you don’t need to do anything else. Select “Manage” under the name of your subscription to see more details.
- Check if the payment method needs to be updated. to fix any issues, go to “Payment Options.”
- Review Microsoft’s complete cancellation policy at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/storedocs/terms-of-sale.
- If you have fewer than 25 licenses assigned to users, you can cancel your Office 365 for paid subscription or business trial online in the admin center.
- If you have more than 25 licenses assigned to users, call support to cancel your subscription.
- If you have added a custom domain name you use with your subscription, you must remove the domain before cancelling your subscription. This can be done by going into the admin center. In the admin center, go to the “Settings” > “Domains” page. Then select the domain you want to remove. Select “Remove” in the right pane. Follow any additional prompts, and then select “Close.”
Billing support is provided in English from 9 AM-5 PM (9 AM-6 PM in Australia), Monday-Friday. Technical support is provided in English 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Admins have your account details ready when you call.
In the United States, call 1-800-865-9408.
In Australia, call 1-800-197-503.
In Canada, call 1-800-865-9408.
In the United Kingdom, call 0800-032-6417.