How to cancel Microsoft
Cancelling a Microsoft subscription online: To cancel your Microsoft subscriptions, such as free trials, Xbox Live, and Office 365, start by visiting their web page. Then go to Service & subscriptions, and sign into the Microsoft account associated with the subscription you wish to cancel. Then find your subscription and select [Manage]. On the next page, select [Cancel] or [Upgrade or Cancel] (depending on your subscription type). Follow the instructions given on the page to proceed with the cancellation of your subscription.
Troubleshoot issues if you can’t cancel your subscription:
- If you can find [Manage] on your [Services & subscriptions] page, or cannot cancel or turn off recurring billing, try the following:
- Make sure you are signed into the correct account.
- If you see [Turn on recurring billing] instead of [Manage], you subscription will be set to expire at the date shown for your subscription, and you don’t need to do anything else. Select [Manage] under the name of your subscription to see more details.
- Check if the payment method needs to be updated. to fix any issues, go to [Payment options]
- Review Microsoft’s complete cancellation policy at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/storedocs/terms-of-sale.
- If you have fewer than 25 licenses assigned to users, you can cancel your Office 365 for paid subscription or business trial online in the admin center. If you have more than 25 licenses assigned to users, call support to cancel your subscription.
Billing support is provided in English from 9 AM-5 PM (9 AM-6 PM in Australia), Monday-Friday. Technical support is provided in English 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Admins, have your account details ready when you call.
In the United States, call 1 800 865 9408.
In Australia, call 1 800 197 503.
In Canada, call 1 800 865 9408.
In the United Kingdom, call 0800 032 6417.
If you have added a custom domain name you use with your subscription, you must remove the domain before cancelling your subscription. This can be done by going into the admin center. In the admin center, go to the [Settings] > [Domains] page. Then select the domain you want to remove. Select [Remove] in the right pane. Follow any additional prompts, and then select [Close].
Microsoft may show up on your statement as:
- ACH Electronic Debit - PAYPAL INST XFER MICROSOFTCO
- ACH WEB-SINGLE MICROSOFTCO PAYPAL INST XFER
- ELECTRONIC/ACH DEBIT PAYPAL INST XFER MICROSOFTCO
- INST XFER PAYPAL MICROSOFTCO INT
- INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FEE FOR A $9.99 ITEM - DETAILS: PAYPAL INST XFER MICROSOFTCO WEB ID: PAYPALSI77
- MICROSOFT *ACCOUNT 800-642-7676 WA
- MICROSOFT *ACCOUNT MSBILL.INFO WA
- ORIG CO NAME:PAYPAL CO ENTRY DESCR:INST XFER SEC:WEB IND ID:MICROSOFT ORIG ID:PAYPALSI77
- PAYPAL INST XFER MICROSOFTCO
- PAYPAL INST XFER MICROSOFTCO WEB ID: PAYPALSI77
- PAYPAL *MICROSOFTCO 402-935-7733 CA
- PAYPAL *MICROSOFTCO 402-935-7733 WA
- PAYPAL *MICROSOFTCO 4029357733 WA
- PAYPAL *MICROSOFTCO O 402-935-7733 WA
- PAYPAL *MICROSOFTCO S 402-935-7733 WA
- PAYPAL *MICROSOFTCO X 402-935-7733 WA
- PAYPAL *MICROSOFTCO XBO
- Payment to Microsoft Corporation